Saturday, May 22, 2010

Affirming Your World

When we think of affirmations we might go into thoughts of new age mumbo jumbo and not give them the credit they so deserve in your life. Often times those things that are mumbo jumbo are really just called that because of misunderstanding its significance. When we are more aware of what that mumbo jumbo truly is, we are then working with our present, not against it.

How does one go about affirming one's world so that it's felt within too? Affirmations are not just words to be spoken without any feeling attached to it. You have to jump in with both feet, both arms flying and give it your ALL. This was brought to mind recently by a video of a  little girl doing her affirmations. If you haven't seen Jessica's affirmations on YouTube, do check it out as it's worth the time. Here's a link to it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg


A picture is worth a thousand words and if you just watched Jessica, you understand how important it is to put all your energy into the affirmations. It is this assurance that brings you the best to your moments. That's also why it's important to speak your affirmations in the presence. How you are feeling right now in this very moment tells Source of what it is that you are desiring. It's as simple as that.


Are you disappointed with your world? Have you been affirming to no avail? Then take a look at your affirmations and then take a look at how you FEEL about the affirmation. If anything negative comes up such as fears you won't get it, then you're heading in the opposite direction of your desires. It's one thing to keep repeating that you want to lose weight or win the lottery etc. but it's another story when behind each of your affirming sentences it's met with the thoughts of 'oh yeah, sure'. Insert sarcasm. Exactly. 


We're always too eager to lay blame on something or someone so that we don't have to look at it and take responsibility for the moments you're presently living. It's important to really think about your affirmations in the light you wish them to be, not in a fearful light. If there is even a inkling of doubt in your mind, that is what the Source will deliver to you. You are a unique individual and your presence is needed to help you grow, others grow and the planet can evolve and the human experience can evolve as well. Do your part. Affirm a better life and you'll be affirming a better world not only for you, but everyone.

One of the things I personally have done to help me with my affirmations is subscribe to the Abraham-Hicks daily motivations. They are little excerpts taken from either one of their workshops or their books. No matter how often I read them, I still garner something from them each time. You can get them from their website, or buying their books and/or DVDs offered.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Hope it opened you up just a little bit more! Do leave any comments or questions in the comment box below. I look forward to getting to know you better. How about you?


Namaste & Blessings,
Dallas Franklin
http://giftsofdivinity.weebly.com/




3 comments:

  1. Hi Dallas,
    I have read this post twice, the first time a few days ago, and then again today, and I am really taking it to heart. I confess I had a tendency to disregard the practice of affirming, but I am looking at this freshly after reading your post and watching the wonderful video of Jessica! The voice-in-the-head is always making affirmations- usually negative. By becoming conscious of what the voice-in-the-head is saying, there is the possibility to steer attention in a more positive direction, combining presence with affirmations. Today I discovered a very interesting you tube video by a 91 year old woman who found at age 89 that a positive affirmation changed her life. Under the video is a link to a Huffington Post article that tells the story in more detail. Hope you enjoy, here is the link. Love, Colleen
    At you tube, search for "Confessions of a Jewish Mother: How My Son Ruined My Life!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colleen,

    It's great to hear from you! Yes, I agree the affirming part can get lost in the negative vibe if we're not careful. I know for myself I can be saying what I think is a positive vibe, only to discover in a aha moment from my guides that I attached a downer to it. Jessica's video really brought it home for me on how to put your passion into the affirmation. I loved that part.

    I enjoyed listening to the mother of James, the meditation guy. :) It's so lovely to see another get it. I've always said the pretend game is a doorway to our higher selves, and other realms. The imagination eh. I'll write about it one day. *~:)

    I also went to their site about the book and they are on tour too. Ironically, James will be in our city (Bellingham, WA) in early June. Cool, eh!

    Take care, Colleen and keep affirming the positive light!

    Blessings,
    Dallas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dallas,

    Thanks for your message. Jessica did put passion into her positive thoughts- quite inspiring! Glad you enjoyed the video and article, I posted these on my blog today. Maybe it's synchronicity that James will be in your town. Blessings, Colleen

    ReplyDelete